Jump to Navigation

Resources

Congregational Life in the Developing World

One hundred years ago, 80 percent of Christians were either Europeans or North Americans. Today, they make up only 40 percent, with the remaining 60 percent coming from Asia, Africa and Latin America. These groups tend to be heavily Pentecostal, independent, non-denominational, and very poor. Researcher Donald Miller has studied many of these communities and writes his observations in Emergent Patterns of Congregational Life and Leadership in the Developing World: Personal Reflections from a Research Odyssey. Miller also offers suggestions for ways to create respectfully appropriate lessons from indigenous Third World Christian leaders to improve First World seminary programs and church leadership. A related summary of Miller's work is also available.

News

News

Rose and Cal promote shared joy with religious humor across traditions

The first Ahead of the Trend in 2019 celebrates two couples who have never given up hope that understanding can make...

Disruption, Death and the Old Testament

The Old Testament has its roots in two great disruptions: the collapse of the Late Bronze Age geopolitical system and...

Great Faith Hand in Hand with Great Sleep, Says Study

 A strong faith could be the key to a good night’s sleep, according to a study released this week in the Journal...

Calendar

Sun, Apr 21, 2019 - 09:00 am
Knowing that preachers and teachers are in the midst of worship and sermon planning, we searched our affiliate group sites for great...

Popular Tools

Duke Divinity Leadership Education

 

Questions We Answer

We know that you grapple with many difficult questions as a Christian leader. We want to help. Complex concerns about ministry can’t be fully addressed here, of course, but we provide a starting point for engaging the deep issues. If you don’t find what you are looking for, please see if our partners can help or contact us.

Have more questions?

Search